Friday, September 15, 2006

Laptops Should Have a Video-In Socket

I had a great idea earlier:
Laptops should have a video-in socket, allowing you to use the screen while the computer itself remains unoperational.

I'm about to go to uni with my desktop. I'm also buying a laptop (well, my lovely parents are) so I can do stuff around and about on campus (without resorting to Windows, hopefully). This is all dandy.

However, whenever I'm using my desktop, my laptop will (hopefully) be sitting right next to it, unused. However, if the laptop had a video-in socket, then I could use it as a second screen, which would be wicked cool.

An alternative to this would be an open source project I stumbled over the other day, which allowed you to share keyboard and mouse between two computers connected only by Ethernet cables (and, presumably, IP). The names escapes me, but some Googling at a later date should bring it all back.

No comments: